Our goal is to provide a professional and comfortable location for students and community members to complete their exams, certifications, and assessments. Any conduct that interferes with the normal operations of the University of Oregon Testing Center (UTC) or infringes on the rights of other test takers will not be allowed and may cause an individual to have their exam ended and be barred from testing with our office. This list is not all-inclusive but offers general guidelines for behavior while in the UTC.
By utilizing the services of the University of Oregon Testing Center (UTC) all students, community test takers, and clients shall:
- Abide by the University of Oregon Student Conduct Code as well as any guidelines, rules, or policies of the exam sponsor, school, department, or faculty. Any suspected incidents of academic misconduct will be promptly reported to the exam sponsor, faculty member, department, and/or the Division of Student Life.
- Bring valid photo identification. This usually means a driver license or other government-issued photo ID. For UO exams a student ID may be acceptable. Some exams have more stringent ID requirements or require two forms of ID. Please check with your exam sponsor for details. No testing without a valid photo ID.
- Arrive on time for scheduled exams. Failure to arrive on time may result in the loss of reservation or reduced testing time. Unless otherwise indicated by the exam sponsor, it is recommended to arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment to allow time for check-in procedures. We close at 5:00 p.m. and all testing ends at that time.
- Understand that it is your responsibility to submit a request to your school for the exam materials to be sent to the UTC and to confirm its receipt before your appointment. It is recommended that you call two to three days before your appointment, to make sure any exam details have been delivered. This is often required for online or distance exams from other schools.
- Allow video and audio recording during all testing sessions. Everyone will be recorded (audio and video) while in the UTC. By checking in, you consent to being recorded.
- Leave all personal items at home or utilize the lockers provided in the UTC. All electronic devices must be silenced or turned off – vibrate is not an acceptable alternative. The UTC is not responsible for loss or damage to personal items, including electronic devices, while you are in the testing center. Personal items prohibited in the testing area vary by exam sponsor – please check with your exam sponsor for specifics. Cell phones or any other electronic devices found in the testing room will be considered academic misconduct and reported to the appropriate party. Some commonly prohibited personal items include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Hats, coats, watches (of any kind), cell phones, backpacks, purses, wallets, food and drinks (unless approved for accommodations), sunglasses, fitness trackers, and all electronic devices.
- Take care of restroom or other needs prior to beginning a test. Some exams do not allow any breaks. Any breaks will be recorded and reported to the faculty or exam sponsor.
- Find appropriate accommodations for parents, spouses, friends, and children. Outside parties will not be allowed in the testing area and children should not be left unattended.
- Refrain from distracting behaviors such as, but not limited to, chewing gum, tapping fingers or feet, reading aloud, humming, etc. Students exhibiting disorderly or disruptive conduct that interferes with the normal operations of the UTC or infringes on the rights of others may have their exam ended and be barred from testing with our office.
- Refrain from navigating to any websites not allowed or accessing any material not specifically stated as allowed by your test provider. This behavior will be reported as academic misconduct to the appropriate party.
- Return all test material to staff upon completion of test, such as scratch paper, pencils, notecards, etc. Copies, pictures, or digital images of any test material or test content are not allowed to leave the UTC. Removing test material or test content from the UTC can be considered academic misconduct and reported accordingly.
- If you require testing accommodations for any reason, please call the UTC at 541-346-3230 for more information. Each exam sponsor handles accommodations differently. UO students can reach out to the Accessible Education Center for more information at 541-346-1155 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Understand that there are NO refunds given for canceled or missed appointments. If you need to reschedule or cancel your appointment, please call the Testing Center at 541-346-3230.
- Follow instructions given by the proctors and staff of the UTC.